Undergraduate Research Opportunities in Chemistry for Community College Students
- Enrolled in a U.S. community college.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- GPA > 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale)
- Complete all the application as described below.
1. Complete the online application by February 5, 2021. The application is now open at this link.
2. Submit the following 3 materials to the Program Director through the online application:
i) Cover letter (two page limit): introduce yourself, explain your interest in STEM research, your career plans, and how participating in the ODU REU program could help you in your degree program and/or your future pursuits. If you are thinking of taking the MCAT, indicate when you plan to do so.
ii) Resume (two-page limit): include education history (post-secondary), employment history, any academic achievements, research experience, skills, and other special qualifications.
iii) Unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended. Photocopies are acceptable.
3. Arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be sent to the Program Director. At lease one letter must come from one of your community college chemistry instructors.